Sunday 31 May 2015

16. My Dream Story so far

No triggers. 

Like Carrie says in her book, dreams can change, and develop over time. At thirteen, my main dream was to have friends again, which, happily, I have achieved. As a little girl I wanted to be a writer (a novelist), but as I grew older and didn't read much anymore, that dream began hiding at the back of my head. At 14, 15 I really wanted to be a singer. My plan was to go to a German Talent Show once I turned 16. Why that didn't happen, you can read in one of my other blog posts. It's probably good that I didn't. I wouldn't have fitted in at all. But I still had the dream of becoming a singer. I began writing little 2 minute songs with my guitar at 15, which turned into 6 minute songs at 16. At the moment, I actually mostly write songs which are 3-4 minutes long, yay me :D But I also started wanting to be a lawyer at age 14 (or even 13?), because I was watching WAY too many german court shows after school. The topic really did interest me, the amateur acting could be hilarious, and I might have had a slight crush on some of the lawyers. But that dream slowly faded, and I no longer saw it as a dream, but as a possible option, when I turned 18 and actually had to choose what to study. My main dream was still to become a singer, and be in a musical (which I had developed a love for when my class went to see 'On the Town' when I was 14 or 15. I absolutely fell in love with this musical but also with the entire musical world! I sure wasn't expecting that from a school trip!). But my parents were very clear that music was a hobby, not a profession for me. I still could have persued it, but the truth is, I needed to find my own way, anyway. I didn't want to be like the other singers. I didn't want to be made into something I'm not. Soo I will somehow still try to become a singer, on my own terms. Mainly, I just want to sing. The dream of becoming an author reappeared some years ago when I started writing again and actually completed writing my first little book! This was still when I thought that the hardest part was finishing a book, rather than getting someone to publish it!
Right now I have three career dreams: Become a singer, become a writer and help people. I want to finish my law degree and get a psychology degree as well in order to gain access to jobs in which I can help people overcome really difficult situations. Soo actually I'm persuing four careers at the moment. This is my dream story. What's yours?

4 comments:

  1. I really like this post ! I've been thinking a lot about how it's okay for dreams to change an deciding how I want to arrange everything so some dreams might come true :) This post has been really helpful and lovely <3

    Love Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! :) I'm so glad! :) Your blog looks wonderful! :) I followed you :) You can follow me too, if you want :) But obviously you don't have to :D Have a great day! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I think your dreams are wonderful. I've had this thought for a while, that you can be a writer no matter what career you choose for yourself, because books can tell about every thing imaginable. I've read some novels by Balzac, but only later found out that he was actually a lawyer's clerk, and you can really tell it from his stories.

    As for my own dreams... Funny how I've read your post at the same time, when my dreams are taking a turn. I thought, I had everything figured out at least for now, but circumstances are making me rethink my priorities. So for the time being my dream is to figure out what I'm doing, do my best and write a book about it. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on my post! :) I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out what to do with my life, and I still have a lot of trouble doing that. Sometimes in life you have to find a new dream, or life guides you to a new dream and you somehow must figure out how to include this dream in your life. Which is scary, but also wonderful. Reason and heart should never work against each other, but with each other. I hope you'll figure out what you want to do right now, and I'm sure your book, whatever it's about, will be wonderful! :)

      Delete